Sub heading

My Blog. My Art. My life.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dogs Of War - what a novel concept

I'm still slaving away on my graphic novel, progress is coming along ok but I'm yet to decide on the style to adopt. This is one of the pages, rendered in three possible ways I'm considering - this is where I'll need your advice on which is the best to follow.
The first one is simply straight up black and white. This would give me the quickest turnaround time in developing my novels, should some nice person be willing to publish it.

Next is greyscale. This sample is a bit darker than what I'm after but you get the idea. This way allows for a bit of texture and depth than B&W and the greyscaliness might make it a bit more 'artsy' and mature than colour. I don't know.

This is the way I'd prefer to have it, but it takes the longest time to complete as opposed to the others. Also, I'm using the CMYK colour scheme and there are times when I just can't get the right shade.

1 comment:

  1. Love this Pete!

    If I had to choose I'd say if you are going to do black and white you should add in tone somehow. Either cross hatching or using halftone patterns

    The black and white works ok

    The colour you might want to add in some photoshop wizardry to tie the colour style together and just add a bit of finish. Try using curves adjustment layers over all the colours to tweek the balance. Just messing around pulling out the black and white but also tweeking how much red, green or blue is in the image. Once you work out your style you can copy and paste the curves adjustment layer across pages.

    ReplyDelete