Sub heading

My Blog. My Art. My life.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Starfox

These pictures were made a while ago, but since the latest Starfox game was unveiled at this year's E3, I figured now was as good as time as any to put them up.

As you may have guessed, I'm a fan of the Starfox series and am excited that a new Starfox game is in the works. Though I have to admit, I am a little dismayed with what they're doing. After watching a video game TV show covering an E3 summary, the presenters were a bit 'meh' about the new Starfox game and I've heard that it's going to be a reboot of sorts of Starfox 64. It left me feeling a little disappointed, the new game doesn't really sound like it's trying to innovate or expand the series. Watching the trailer did bring a little spark of intrigue back, but still...

Though I have to admit, this may not necessarily be a bad thing. For me. I've had the idea for a while now of creating some Starfox animations and would love to create an animated TV series. I tend to get a bit cagey when a new installment of something I like comes out, as I fear that it may establish canon that are at odds with what I'd like to do with the franchise and the more exposure and interest something gets, then the more likely someone else may also have the idea of creating a TV series/movie or something before I get the chance to. This is why I don't mind if Starfox Zero isn't overly spectacular. As long as it's solid enough to be enjoyable to me and profitable for Nintendo, but flies under the radar enough for popular culture to not take that much notice of it, then I'll be happy. It gives me the time to work on my own stuff. I want to be the one to make Starfox amazing, dammit! (yes, I'm aware I'm coming off as a little obsessive and arrogant and that I'm no more important than any other fan. I just get passionate about my ideas)



Basically the drawings of Fox and the rest of the pictures I'll put up later aren't just something for me to pass the time - it's concept art for my animation character models. Though it has been fun spending time drawing the Starfox characters. Tell you what though, Fox has been a bugger for me to get right. Time and time again I've tried and failed at nailing the look, however each time I've been able to a little closer in figuring out what works and this drawing is pretty much the culmination of what I wanted. I'm trying to aim for how he looked in Starfox Adventures. Can't say I'm a fan of how he's looked since Starfox Command. As for his outfit, I'm mostly basing that off Fox's Smash Bros appearance (the Fox Amiibo has made for some handy reference). The blaster is also meant to be based how it appears in the Smash Bros games, but I've been too lazy to properly look it up

No comments:

Post a Comment