Sub heading

My Blog. My Art. My life.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

12 Months of Dogs Of War - April (Peter) 03

Ooh, managing to squeeze in another picture this month. Getting a bit closer to what I had wished to achieve in the first place.

So here's Peter Edgewood again, but this time fully decked out in armour. This is why - on this blog - I tend to avoid drawing my characters with their helmets on. It gets rather difficult to tell who's who. The whole point of '12 Months Of Dogs Of War' is to introduce and showcase my characters and would rather not have their faces covered up all the time.

The reason I have my characters with so much armour is for plausible survivability. I tend to get a bit irritated whenever I watch a TV show or film where the bad guys always miss shooting their target, especially when they're trying to be portrayed as a powerful force. I wanted the enemy in Dogs Of War to be a dangerous and competent threat. For that I needed them to be able to shoot accurately and yet for my guys to all be still alive by the end of each episode. They're still vulnerable to heavy weapons fire, but fortunately the average soldier they come across doesn't carry the firepower to instakill the good guys.

That thing on the side of the helmet houses a torch and camera, in case you're wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment