Sub heading

My Blog. My Art. My life.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

12 Months of Dogs Of War - May (Sarah) 02

For quite some time there was an additional member of the Halo Blades team (yes, I still insist on calling them 'Halo Blades'. Deal with it). As I continued developing my Dogs Of War ideas, I came to the conclusion that I had too many main characters. I decided to cut the one I felt had the least significance and importance among the characters and series. I took all his lines and his unofficial role as the team's chef and gave them to Sarah. It was quite a shock how easy it was to replace him with Sarah. It turned out none of his dialogue was specific to his character - anyone could have said it. A bit of a shame, as the character I cut was technically, one of the first I created, even predating Dogs Of War itself by a few years. But not to worry, the culling showed me just how superfluous he was and it was nice to be able to bolster Sarah's presence and build her up a bit more as a character.

No comments:

Post a Comment