Sub heading

My Blog. My Art. My life.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Road Rovers - animated!

Fuckin' Finally!

It's done! I created a thing! My animated short featuring the characters from the Road Rovers series is complete!

This took WAY too long to complete. Not because it was difficult, but because I was working in the animation industry. I started this in early 2013 and had animated Hunter, Colleen, Shag and an alternate version of Blitz's sequence. Then an animation job came up which I immediately jumped on. (The Day My Butt Went Psycho animated series, if you're curious) After that, my personal projects took a bit of a back seat. I still wanted to work on my own stuff, but after doing animation all day five times a week, I was worn out and wanted to do something else to unwind.

After a while though, I wanted to get some of my stuff done. I pressed myself to get back to work and finally completed this clip. I hope it's alright, Exile and Blitz's clips (the two bits left to do since working on the animation job) feel a bit scrappy, but I attribute that to being burnt out from work.

I had planned to put this up without sound - I felt that the visuals were enough. However a workmate mentioned it would be a good idea to add sound. I was reluctant, as I just wanted to get this done and recording/sourcing sound effects was another layer of work I had hoped to avoid. He did though have a point so I caved and set about getting and adding sound. I would have liked to add music and sound to the title sequence, but I don't have my music equipment with me and there was a particular car screeching effect (incidentally, probably the same one they used on the Road Rovers series) I wanted but for the life of me could not find and no other effect I found sounded ideal.

Here's the link. For me this is a great sense of accomplishment, I've actually finished something and now I can move on the the next project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUsyHWdqr2E

No comments:

Post a Comment