Sub heading

My Blog. My Art. My life.

Saturday, February 18, 2017

12 Months Of Dogs Of War - February (Sledge)

I don't often draw Sledge, which is part of the reason it took me so long to put up an image of him for this month. As far as characters go, he doesn't do anything special - by that I mean he doesn't have any peculiar personality quirks or traits to make him stand out like my other 'Dogs Of War' characters.

But anyway, here is Sledge, second in command (more or less) of the good guys. He is also a wizz when it comes to computers (he fills the techy role of the team) and a good pilot. He has a broad range of weapon skills, being a general all-rounder in combat. He is the only 'Dogs Of War' character that doesn't have a preferred weapon type.

At the moment he doesn't have a surname. He did once, it was 'Twycross' (a name inspired by the Mechwarrior computer games). The reason for dropping the surname was that I felt maybe it was wrong for him. Sledge is a dingo, which by all effect would make him an indigenous Australian. 'Twycross' doesn't really suggest Aborigine and I'm wondering if I should choose something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment