Sub heading

My Blog. My Art. My life.

Thursday, August 31, 2017

12 Months of Dogs Of War - August (Trevor) 03

One last picture of Trevor before August is out. I'm still working on improving my Photoshop skills. Only recently did I find the burn/dodge functions and am trying to get better with them (my results tend to be a bit blotchy at the moment).

I'm out of stuff to say about Trevor so I'll give you a little factoid about the character development process within Dogs Of War.

There used to be an additional member to the bad guy dogs. He was a doberman named 'Scope', his weapons of choice being a railgun and motorised melee weapons. He was dropped for a couple of reasons. Firstly I couldn't draw dobermans as well as I wanted (I still can't). Secondly, it would have meant that combined with Trevor, there would have been a husky and a doberman on the same team. This was becoming too similar to the Warner Bros animated series Road Rovers, something I was always wary of. Road Rovers was the catalyst inspiration for my Dogs Of War ideas, but I didn't want it to be too similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment