Sub heading

My Blog. My Art. My life.

Saturday, November 18, 2017

12 Months of Dogs Of War - November (Damocles) 02

I feel that Damocles is somewhat underrated. He's actually once of the most skilled characters in Dogs Of War and I don't give him enough credit for his talents. As a wolf he's quite strong and powerful, he's clever with mechanics - almost on par with Peter Edgewood (but minus the emotional baggage) and he has a wide range of skill with multiple weapon types like Sledge, but is better all round. He also has good leadership skills. if he was in charge of the bad guys rather than Mitch Haettennschweiler, they'd probably win a lot more.



While not intentional, I often found myself writing Damocles at odds with Mitch's leadership, when I was working on scripts. Never to the point of arguing or mutiny, but rather questioning his decisions from time to time. I sometimes feel Damocles would be a better leader than Mitch and this slight tension between the two was an interesting development that occurred. Like I said in Veronica's posts, I tend to let the character personalities develop organically on their own without trying to force anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment